Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy 2009 to All!



Whose woods these are I think I know



His house is in the village though;


He will not see me stopping here


To watch his woods fill up with snow.


My little horse must think it queer

To stop without a farmhouse near

Between the woods and frozen lake

The darkest evening of the year.


He gives his harness bells a shake


To ask if there is some mistake.


The only other sound's the sweep


Of easy wind and downy flake.


The woods are lovely, dark and deep.


But I have promises to keep,


And miles to go before I sleep


And miles to go before I sleep.


_Robert Frost-1874-1963


antique surrey in snowy woods_rRose

2 comments:

gina said...

oh what a cold but beautiful snowy photo!! happy new year to you!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful picture, and beautiful pairing of the Robert Frost with it!
Happy New Year!